Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Friday 21 July 2017

Operation Sea Lion - Buildings

I was reviewing the 28mm buildings I have that are suitable for WW2 Britain and decided I could do with a few additions.

All the immediate searches pointed to an impressive array of MDF buildings. I realise that I may be in a minority here, but I just don't like MDF buildings. They don't have the depth I am looking for, and however detailed, they still look, well wooden.

My preference is for resin, but there is a surprising dearth of options. Plenty of buildings suitable for pre-20th century, but I have many of these already, some of which will still work for WW2. In the end I settled for two from the Magister Militum Battleground range. Their Georgian House and European 19/20th century house fit the bill. Be warned these are hefty buildings, the Georgian house in particular.

They paint up well, with plenty of detail and most importantly depth. These look and feel like real buildings. I am looking forward to getting these on the table in the next few weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment