Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Sunday 25 August 2019

More Hungarians

I've been on a bit of a painting roll. Allocating an hour or two most evenings during the week makes a  big difference. As a consequence, the WW2 Hungarian project is complete - for now!

First up we have the parachute assault section.


Then the support units - mortar, HMG, command and spotter.


A Csaba armoured car. Named after a son of Attila the Hun, more than 100 of these were built in Hungary before and during WW2. They were armed with a 20mm cannon and a co-axial MG. This is the Warlord model. It is a resin model, I won't buy their awful plastic kits. It went together pretty well other than the usual problem with lugs for the guns. They have made a bit of an effort with this one, but as my teachers used to say - could do better!


Turan II medium tank. This is the later model with a 75mm gun. Still obsolete by the time, it entered service, but a big improvement on the MkI. This is a 3D printed model from P&G Miniatures. This is an excellent, robust wargame model. It comes in two parts and arrived with virtually no flash. Very impressed and will be a return customer.


I see Warlord have just brought out an ATG and crew, so I will probably return to this project. However, I need to start work on some opponents - the Soviets!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice paint job. Look at mad Bob for more Hungarian models. Another possible enemy for the Hungarians would be the late war Romanians who hated the Hungarians with a passion.

    ReplyDelete