Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Friday, 9 October 2026

Imperial War Museum - War Art Exhibition

I am in London for a few days. A couple of work meetings today, and just time to pop in and see the war art exhibition at the Imperial War Museum.

Lots of different media covering the wars of the 20th century and modern conflicts. The paintings had a mix of classics and several I hadn't seen before.







I am sure they have done some work on both the First and Second World War galleries since I was last there. I don't recall the Serbian and Ottoman uniforms, and the storyline flows very well. They use modern display techniques without losing the exhibits' feel.





The Second World War exhibits looked familiar, except possibly for the Chinese uniform
 and the Soviet 122mm gun.




Well worth a return visit if you haven't been recently. When I lived in London, I visited regularly, including the fine Tradition Model Soldier shop around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment