So what are my plans for the coming year?
Projects at present include:
- WW2 Yugoslavia in 28mm. Some more partisans and Italians for the 1941-43 period. I will also use the Italians as opponents for the Greeks. A few more of them to paint up as well.
- Russo-Turkish War 1877 in 28mm. A few more infantry units for both sides.
- Dacians in 28mm. Almost the last Balkan army I don't have. Probably a few more Trajanic Romans as well.
- Britain 1940 in 15mm FoW. Still a few more units to finish this project off. Some British support weapons and engineers, plus some artillery and AA units for the Gebirgsjager.
- VBCW in 28mm. Just a few character figures to finish the project off.
- Serbia 1876 in 28mm
- Hungary 1848 in 15mm
- Far East WW2 in 28mm, including the pre-war Chinese and Russian conflicts.
- Medieval Scots.
- Black Powder along with Hail Caesar and Pike & Shotte.
- Bolt Action for WW2 projects and VBCW (with chance cards).
- Grande Armee. Dusting down my 15mm Napoleonics for what looks like an interesting game system.
- I will persevere with Maurice despite my reservations about systems that are too card driven.
- Flames of War. I think this is an elegant rules system.
I would like to get back to a bit more writing this year. Something that has dropped off in the last few years. My day job involves a lot of writing and I therefore find painting more of a relaxation.
Finally, my reading pile needs to be addressed although I have just spent my Xmas book tokens to add to it! As usual my reading can spark off new wargame projects. A longish list of historical fiction, some great stuff out there at present, as well as Balkan and other historical works.
Great plans as always. Probably far too much, but I will have fun trying!