Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Saturday 4 August 2018

Claymore 2018

The Edinburgh wargames show, Claymore, is one of the highlights of the Scottish wargames calendar. Held in an excellent venue at the Edinburgh College in Granton and hosted by the South East Scotland Wargames Club.

Thankfully it wasn't too hot a day as the venue can be very stuffy in both main halls. It seemed a little quieter than usual, but a bit more space around the tables was very welcome. I picked up a range of paints and terrain materials as well as some additions to my 20mm moderns project and a weighty tome on the Bulgarian army from the Helion stall.

My club, GDWS, did a participation game based on Game of Thrones, using a simplified version of Lion Rampant rules. The figures came from my collection of converted ranges and the first unit from The Song of Ice and Fire game.




There was a steady stream of players for the game so I didn't get much time to look at the other games. Being the second big Scottish show of the year, many of the games were the same as at Carronade, but none the worse for a repeat showing. Here are those that caught my eye.
















Thanks to the SESC for yet again organising the event.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for uploading these - enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it, I should have said hello! Your game looked very nice, excellent models too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am sure they will get another outing at a future show, hopefully with the additions from Song of Ice and Fire.

      Delete