Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Sunday 28 October 2018

Fiasco Leeds

I travelled down to Leeds today for the Fiasco wargames show. 

Last time I was here it was held in the Royal Armouries, but now it has moved over the square to a conference hall.

The new venue isn’t any bigger than the old and this means it is largely a trade show with little room for games. I picked up books scenery and a nice Lynx helicopter for my modern Brits. 

The games were necessarily on the small size and there were a couple of gems.

My favourite was Ravenna.







I also liked this depiction of the war in Chechnya.



There was some Balkan interest with the Battle of Varna.



Quite a lot of Battletech which will keep some club members happy and other small scale games.





And a WAB Battle - nostalgia in action.



Finally, it is true, all wargamers really are called Dave!




No comments:

Post a Comment