Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Friday 28 May 2010

Gordon Highlanders

Some new recruits for my British in Egypt project. These are Gordon Highlanders who formed part of Hope's Brigade. The Highland regiments played such an important role in the campaign that I just had to have at least one unit. The downside was the thought of painting tartan.

The solution came up on E-Bay and I am now the proud owner of this unit. Many thanks to whoever painted them! The figures are Vitrix plastics.

We have now settled on the Battle of Alexandria 1801 for our demo at Claymore in August. So you can see this unit and much more in action at this excellent event in its new venue at Telford College, North Edinburgh.


No comments:

Post a Comment