Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Sunday 3 August 2014

Game of Thrones - Lannister Army

In between my other holiday painting, rain keeping me off the golf course, I have completed my first Game of Thrones army for SAGA.

This is the Lannister army, led by the arch villain Tywin Lannister, one of my favourite characters in the TV series, played brilliantly by Charles Dance. The bold Tywin is a Dark Sword model, beautifully sculpted, although not in a traditional wargame figure way, that provided me with some painting challenges that I am not sure I have overcome.

The three warrior and one hearthguard units (in SAGA speak) are warriors of Minas Tirith from GW Lord of the Rings range. The only conversion being the filing down of the embossed shields and replacing with Veni Vidi Vici transfers. The flags are from the new Flags of War range.


I bought some Perry mercenary foot figures at Claymore yesterday, for another faction. However, my next effort will be the Stark's as I have a Eddard Stark Dark Sword model. My medieval Scots will supply most of the feudal levy for this faction.

I also picked up the very long awaited Crescent and the Cross SAGA book yesterday. Given that I bought the dice at Salute! Settling down to read this after lunch and then perhaps a short game.....

No comments:

Post a Comment