Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Sunday 8 March 2020

Anglo-Zulu War British

First units for the Anglo-Zulu War project are ready for the table. All models are from the Pendraken range in 10mm.

First up British regulars. Three units using Black Powder and four-plus when using The Men Who Would be Kings. Plus a command stand.


Then some artillery.


Regular British cavalry


And finally, Natal Carabineers.


Still some auxiliaries to do, before facing that large pile of metal Zulus. I am beginning to understand how the defenders of Rourke's Drift felt!

I have also finished reading Daniel Mersey's useful wargamers guide to the war. The Osprey's give you all the uniform details, but this book has some useful ideas for gaming the period.



No comments:

Post a Comment