Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Sunday 14 June 2020

Hungary 1848 Reinforcements


Given the events worldwide over recent weeks, I decided my lockdown painting would take a revolutionary direction with some reinforcements for the 1848 Hungarian revolution.

First up some Hungarian Honved riflemen. These are Steve Barber Models.



Neither side has any artillery, so these Hungarians are again from the Steve Barber range. A really solid looking cannon and crew.



Finally, some artillery for the Austrians. These are from the North Star range. There was a lot of irritating flash, which was also difficult to spot. The knife had to come out several times when painting. Also, the cannon had no sockets for the wheels. I wonder just how long they will survive on the tabletop. In summary, not very impressed.




No comments:

Post a Comment