Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Monday 13 September 2010

South American Wars of Liberation

Dusted down my 28mm armies for the South American Wars of Liberation at the club yesterday. This was a first run out for these armies using Black Powder.

This was the largely Argentinian army of San Martin during the invasion of Spanish held Chile. The game played really well with Black Powder. A cavalry battle on the left flank flowed back and forwards whilst the infantry fought over a village. The buildings are Grand Manner - real substantial 28mm buildings these.

I built up these armies for a series of display games a few years ago and they featured in Wargames Illustrated. You can see more of the figures and find out more about the campaign at my website.


No comments:

Post a Comment