Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Thursday 20 September 2018

The Other 1918 Campaign

In my latest feature article in Balkan Military History, I look at the often forgotten Macedonian campaign of 1918, which made an important contribution to the end of WW1. An antidote to the Western Front bias of the history media!

In three days, Serbian and French forces effectively knocked Bulgaria out of the war, exposing the weak underbelly of the Central Powers.

I recently dusted down some of my 28mm Bulgarian and Austro-Hungarian figures of this campaign at GDWS. My opponent fielded his very nice Greek figures of the period.






No comments:

Post a Comment