Welcome to my blog!

News from a wargamer with a special interest in the military history of the Balkans. It mainly covers my current reading and wargaming projects. For more detail you can visit the web sites I edit - Balkan Military History and Glasgow & District Wargaming Society. Or follow me on Twitter @Balkan_Dave
or on Mastodon @balkandave@mastodon.scot, or Threads @davewatson1683

Sunday 11 December 2016

Glory, Hallelujah!

'Glory, Hallelujah!' is the title of the Back Powder supplement for the American Civil War. I bought it some time ago, but I have just got around to using it.

So what do you get for your £20, or usually cheaper? You get just about everything you need to game the ACW. A description of the armies, equipment and tactics - as well as masses of eye candy for uniform reference. There are optional rules to supplement Black Powder and plenty of army lists and scenarios. Even special rules for forts and river operations.

The production quality is nothing short of sumptuous. Even if you don't use Black Powder rules, this book is well worth the price.

So onto the battlefield. I used my collection of 15mm figures for this game. I collected them gradually over many years and they are based for Fire and Fury, a rule set I never really liked. The special rules played well and gave a real feel for the period.

The objective was to capture the town. The Rebels got there first and held off two counter attacks.







I toured the Eastern battlefields of the ACW a number of years ago, en-route to Historicon. They are some of the best preserved battlefields I have visited and a credit to the staff involved. Here is my picture of the site of Pickett's charge at Gettysburg.




No comments:

Post a Comment